Julie Welsh from Long Eaton, Derby England died 6 April 2010, a few hours after giving birth to her first child Isaac. He suffered a condition called amniotic fluid embolism, which was triggered by a blockage of blood vessels and caused fatal.
Amniotic fluid embolism or amniotic embolism cariran an allergic reaction triggered by the entry of amniotic fluid or the components therein into blood vessels of the mother. The components that can be a flake of skin that peel fetus, fetal hair, layers of fat or amniotic fluid itself.
In 80 percent of cases, these reactions lead to heart attacks and fatal. Even if the risk can be saved from death, not less bad risk patients still overshadow the long-term nerve damage.
Such conditions arise after the physical contact with the remnants of the amniotic fluid attached to the body of Isaac. Just minutes after hugging Isaac, Welsh straight into the ER because of having a heart attack.
Doctors tried to save the 28-year-old woman, but about 1.5 hours later his life has not helped. Welsh’s husband, Pete Brown said his wife did not even kiss before dying Isaac to come pick her up.
Allergic reactions that occur in Wels completely unexpected by cardiologists from Derbyshire, Dr Robert Hunter who handle it. According to these conditions is very rare cases, only occurs in 18 out of 1 million births.
“Unfortunately this kind of case can not be predicted. Until now there has been no test to determine such risk. If anything, to my knowledge there is no appropriate treatment that can not be prevented,” said Dr. Hunter, as quoted from Dailymail, Thursday (4 / 11 / 2010).
Despite casualties, the Welsh family remains grateful for the birth of Isaac berusahan. Welsh’s father, Mr. 50-year-old Les express kissed Isaac 2 times. The first kiss for himself, the latter representing the Welsh who had died.